INDOOR POOL SCHEDULE *Click to view PDF.
Water acclimation classes are available for infants and toddlers
ages 6 months – 3 years. Group swimming lessons are available for children ages 3-14 years of age.
Swim Starters: Ages 6 months – 3 years -Accompanied by a parent, infants and toddlers learn to be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness skills through fun and confidence- while parents learn about water safety, drowning prevention, and the importance of supervision.
Swim Basics: Ages 3-14 years – Students learn personal water safety and achieve basic swimming competency by learning two benchmark skills: Swim, Float, Swim and Jump, Push, Turn and Grab.
Swim Strokes: Ages 6-14 years – Having mastered the fundamentals, students learn additional water safety skills and build stroke technique, developing skills that prevent chronic disease, increase social-emotional and cognitive well-being, and foster a lifetime of physical activity.
Private Swim Lessons
Four, 30 minutes lessons
Ages 5 and up
*Payment must be made before sessions begins.
Private (1 swimmer)
Semi-Private (2 students)
Member: $40 per student
Non-Member: $60 per student
Mon Valley YMCA Swim Team
Our competitive swim team is for youth ages 6-18 years old. Swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool unassisted to compete. Coaches will work with swimmers on stroke development, technique, starts, turns, team spirit and sportsmanship. Join anytime during the year.
- Mon Valley YMCA membership is required.
- Cost: $285 for First Swimmer. $265 for each additional swimmer in the family.
- High School Swimmer: $175 (High School Swimmer must be participating in a high school varsity swim/dive program to qualify for the discounted program fee)
- YMCA Membership Fee: $15/month. (The Mon Valley YMCA joining fee is waived for all new swim team participants)
- Volunteer Fee: $100/swimmer (Max $200) Volunteer checks are due at registration but will not be cashed until the end of the season. Volunteer checks will be returned at the end of the season if volunteer requirements outlined in our team handbook are met by each family.
- Program fees must be paid in full by Friday, September 16th for swimmers to continue participating in practices.
- For swim team inquiries, reach out to Head Coach Liz Sprowls at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724.483.8077.
- Team Swim Outlet Link: www.swimoutlet.com/monvalleyymcasharks
- Social Media (used for dry-land and additional training videos)· Team Facebook: Mon Valley YMCA Swim Team· Team Instagram: mvyst_sharks