On June 29, 2020, the Mon Valley YMCA will continue its phased reopening of the facility with the opening of our indoor pool.
This will be considered phase 3 for our YMCA. The guidelines are listed below.
We will follow guidance from state and local government, CDC recommendations as well as our National YMCA. These new guidelines, as well as additional cleaning procedures, will help to ensure we are providing a safe environment for you to enjoy the Mon Valley YMCA.
- Indoor pool will be open for lap swimming, individual exercise and open swim for families
- Our locker rooms will be open for changing only. Showers are not available.
- A mask must be worn into the pool area and may only be taken off while in the pool.
- Pool hours will be Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. Saturday 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- We will have select water exercise classes available for members only.
- There will be no swim lessons at this time.
- Based on the square footage of our pool area, we will be able to accommodate 30 swimmers at a time and approximately 20 on the deck.
- Please note that the hot tub will not be available at this time.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult in the facility at this time.
INDOOR POOL SCHEDULE *Click to view PDF.
Swim Lessons are not available at this time.
Water acclimation classes are available for infants and toddlers
ages 6 months – 3 years. Group swimming lessons are available for children ages 3-14 years of age.
Swim Starters: Ages 6 months – 3 years -Accompanied by a parent, infants and toddlers learn to be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness skills through fun and confidence- while parents learn about water safety, drowning prevention, and the importance of supervision.
Swim Basics: Ages 3-14years – Students learn personal water safety and achieve basic swimming competency by learning two benchmark skills: Swim, Float, Swim and Jump, Push, Turn and Grab.
Swim Strokes: Ages 6-14 years – Having mastered the fundamentals, students learn additional water safety skills and build stroke technique, developing skills that prevent chronic disease, increase social-emotional and cognitive well-being, and foster a lifetime of physical activity.
Private Swim Lessons are not available at this time.
Four, 30 minutes lessons
Ages 5 and up
*Payment must be made before sessions begins.
Private (1 swimmer)
Semi-Private (2 students)
Member: $40 per student
Non-Member: $60 per student
Mon Valley YMCA Swim Team
YOUTH SWIM TEAM
Practice will run from September 9 – March 27.
Our competitive swim team is for youth ages 6-18 years. Swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool unassisted to compete. Coaches will work with swimmers on stroke development, technique, starts, turns, team spirit and sportsmanship. Join anytime during the year.
- Team practices Monday-Friday, 6:00- 7:30PM
- Mon Valley YMCA membership is required.
- For swim team inquiries, reach out to Head Coach Liz Sprowls at email@example.com or call 724.483.8077.