The CDC guidelines are listed below.
We will follow guidance from state and local government, CDC recommendations as well as our National YMCA. These new guidelines, as well as additional cleaning procedures, will help to ensure we are providing a safe environment for you to enjoy the Mon Valley YMCA.
- Indoor pool will be open for lap swimming, individual exercise and open swim for families
- Our locker rooms will be open.
- Limited showers will be available starting October 5th.
- A mask must be worn into the pool area and may only be taken off while in the pool.
- Pool hours will be Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. Saturday 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- There will be select Water Exercise Classes available to members only.
- The only Swim Lessons offered will be the Swim Starters class starting on October 10th.
- Based on the square footage of our pool area, we will be able to accommodate 30 swimmers at a time and approximately 20 on the deck.
- The hot tub will be available to members, one at a time starting October 5th.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult in the facility at this time.
INDOOR POOL SCHEDULE *Click to view PDF
Select Water Exercise Classes are available to YMCA Members only. Please call 724.483.8077
Aqua Motion – Improve your joint range of motion, flexibility and balance. This class includes stretching with gentle movement and exercises designed to promote proper joint and muscle group alignment and to strengthen those parts of the body that improve the ease of everyday activities.
AquaFit – Shallow water class focuses on cardio-vascular endurance and muscle strength. Great calorie burner allowing participants to work harder with less risk of
injury from impact or overheating.
Splash Dance – Rhythmic water exercise program designed to condition the cardiovascular system and provide a workout for all muscles of the body. Class is appropriate for all fitness levels. No swimming skills necessary.
SilverSneakers® Splash – Activate your urge for variety! Splash offers fun, shallow water movement to improve
agility and flexibility while addressing cardiovascular, strength and endurance conditioning. No swimming ability is
required and a SilverSneakers kickboard or other aquatic equipment is used to improve strength, balance
W.E.T. – Join in on a fun deep water workout that tones your entire body! this class meets in the deep end of the pool and emphasizes low-impact motions to boost cardiovascular and muscular endurance. It’s ideal for those looking to try common land exercises to condition their whole body, without the impact. Enjoy this workout with or without a flotation belt.
Aqua Personal Training is not available at this time.
Aqua personal training is a personal training session in the water. Your session can be tailored to your specific needs and wants in the water.
Aqua Personal Training can assist in:
- improving swimming strokes for experienced swimmers of any age
- redefining swimming strokes by using technology to show the swimmer what they look like while swimming.
- a different kind of cardiovascular workout
- giving suggestions or workouts specific to recuperation needs for knees, back, etc.
- working with a person who has a fear of water
Anyone interested should call the YMCA at 724-483-8077. Aqua Personal Training is available based on instructor availability.
Masters Swim Team is not being offered this year.
The Master Swim Team season will run from September 9 – April 12.
AMYMSA is the Allegheny Mountain YMCA Master Swimming Association.
Ages 18 and over; must be a YMCA member
Practice on your own; swim as a team
The regular season starts in September and runs until March.
If interested please contact Aquatics Director, Amy Dunay at email@example.com or 724-483-8077.