Interested parties may submit resume.
Assistant Swim Coach
The Mon Valley YMCA swim team is accepting applications for an Assistant Coaching position for the development of age group swimmers. The hired candidate will work directly with the Head Coach and other assistant coaches to oversee and train swimmers, ages 5-18. The candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Create and implement developmental appropriate level workouts for swimmers.
- Coach practices, held evenings 5-6:30 or 5-7, up to five days a week M-F. Practice requirements can be adjusted, as coaches alter nights as schedules and expected swimmer load dictates.
- Attend weekend swim meets as scheduledMVYST participates in the WPYSL swim league, invitationals, YMCA districts, YMCA states, and YMCA nationals.
- Candidates seeking the position must have prior competitive swimming experience with knowledge of the four basic strokes.
- The candidate will be an employee of the Mon Valley YMCA, so all required PA and federal child clearances will be necessary for employment.
Apply by Friday, August 18.
Days and Hours
Weekdays and nights, varying based on appointments
This position coordinates and conducts one-on-one consultations for members to discuss nutritional needs and sets appropriate goals for the participant. They will also prepare and provide accurate, relevant materials for members in regard to diet and nutrition as a part of consultations. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is willing to create workshops, special events and guest lecture in programs as needed.
Upload Your Resume