We are excited that we will be bringing our Swim Starters Class back to the Mon Valley YMCA! This six week class will be offered on Saturdays starting October 10th from 10:45a.m. to 11:15a.m. This beginning class is offered for kids six months of age to 3 and requires a parent/guardian to be in the water with the child at all times. Join us for songs and games as we work to get the children used to the water. This class is offered to Y member and non-members. There are only 10 spots available so call 724.483.8077 to register today.
*Please note that we are not offering any other group or private lessons at this time.
- You must wear a mask into the building up until the time you enter the water (wear your mask onto the pool deck)
- After entering the front doors, everyone’s temperature will be taken
(If your temp is above 100.4- you will not be permitted to enter)
- You will either sign in (members only) or give your child’s name to the front desk worker
- 1 adult in the water per child in the water.
- 1 extra adult will be allowed to help change the child. (2 adults total for 1 swimmer)
- If siblings must come along, they are permitted to sit on the bleachers with the additional adult.
- Remain 6 feet away from other participants while in the water and on deck
- The instructor will be instructing from the deck area, demonstrating skills, singing songs, and giving feedback on child’s lesson.
- The (2) family locker rooms will be available for opposite sex parents/ caretakers please only use these rooms if that applies
- Limited showers will be available in the locker rooms
- While leaving you will need to sign out (members only) or tell the front desk worker your child’s name for occupancy requirements.