We are happy to announce that the Mon Valley YMCA will operate our summer day camp programs as planned beginning on June 15. There is no better place for kids to connect, make new friends, try new things, and discover their potential. We are following all CDC, local, state, and government guidance.
Registration will begin on Monday, June 1.
Online registration will be available beginning Monday, June 1 through the My Y Account on our website. Those who do not have a My Y Account can register over the phone Monday – Thursday, 9:30AM – 12:00PM.
- Those who already have a My Y Account set up, whether Member or Non-Member, and an email associated with the account, will be able to access the camp registration online.
- If children are on separate memberships they will have separate online My Y Accounts. Each child will be registered separately.
- Anyone who has questions or is unable to register online can call the YMCA Business Office Monday-Thursday between 9:30AM-12:00PM to register by phone or ask questions.
- Our pools will not be opening at this time. Each camp will have water play time and bathing suits and towels will be needed.
- Parents should read the parent information sheet carefully for information about lunches, water bottles, & dress codes.
- An open house for all camp parents will be held Saturday, June 13 at 11:00AM at our picnic pavilion. Because of social distancing, we request that only parents attend the open house.
- Registration Forms should be filled out and brought to open house. Forms are available below.
- Download the Camp Theme/Parent forms below.
Important COVID-19 Safety Information
Time: 10:00am – 1:00pm
Little Camp Themes/Parent Form 2020 *Click to Download
Time: 10:00 – 2:00pm
Big Camp Themes/Parent Form 2020 *Click to Download
COST PER CAMPER
Registration Fee *non-refundable – $25
YMCA Member – $48
Non-Member – $68
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Before and After Camp Care
As a courtesy to those parents who have children in both little camp and big camp, we will extend babysitting for little campers from 1:00 – 2:00pm. This is offered to allow parents with children in both camps to only return once for pick up. Little campers who take advantage of this babysitting will stay under the care of camp counselors during this time.
It is our belief that all campers are unique individuals who develop at their own rate physically, emotionally, and socially. Therefore our goal is to create as many positive experiences as is possible in our camp program. It is our hope that these experiences will foster creativity and individuality in each camper. It is also our goal to help campers have a better awareness and acceptance of themselves and others. Most of all we want all campers to have fun!
PARTNERS WITH PARENTS
Parent are our most important partners in making camp an outstanding experience for their camper. Knowing that no two campers are alike, we ask that you help us get to know your camper. We encourage you to share with us your ideas, thoughts and concerns; this will help us create an environment best suited to your camper. With your help we hope to inspire values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
DAY CAMP STAFF
Our staff models the YMCA Character Development values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Most importantly we are made up of people who love working with children. We are enthusiastic, creative people with good hearts. We are just crazy enough to sing at the top of our voices the “Y song” and “My Country”. Sometimes we dress up to show our enthusiasm for the camp themes. We attend training in positive behavior management, first aide, and teamwork. All staff have up to date clearances. Many of our staff will use their experiences to become better teachers, social workers, and guidance counselors.
Our camp director Barb Trilli, Miss Barb, has been with the camp program since 1997. She has an education back round working as a teachers aid in kindergarten, preschool and with the Intermediate Unit in special education. She has also taught preschool and the parochial school gym program. Miss Barb’s love of children motivates her to constantly come up with unique and creative ideas to help our campers share experiences they will not have anywhere else. She believes that each child is an individual therefore they each deserve caring and respect.
“Camp is an opportunity for all children to increase their self esteem, learn to make good choices, and create new friendships. “
Always tell the truth
Admit your mistakes
Say “I’m sorry”
Keep your hands to yourself
Keep a positive attitude
Always use good manners
Share your smile
Put things back where they belong
Clean up after yourself
Be responsible for your own actions