The Mon Valley YMCA is proud to be a host of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course.
Cost: Certification – $250 (recertifications are available, please contact Cole, Aquatics Director, for more information)
- Participants must be 15 years of age and a STRONG SWIMMER.
- Participants must be able to complete the 300-yard swim using the breaststroke and the front crawl as a prerequisite.
- Course covers all lifeguarding skills:
- First Aid
- Disease Prevention
- Only lifeguarding skills will be taught in this course, not swimming strokes.
- Participant must be able to attend entire class.
-First Aid, CPR/AED
-Must have proficient swimming skills
-1st day prerequisite swim- 300-yard front crawl or breaststroke.
-Must attend ALL dates- NO EXCEPTIONS.
Any questions please contact our Aquatics Director, Cole Quattrone at email@example.com or by calling
If interested in applying for a lifeguarding position at the Y, please contact our Aquatics Director, Cole Quattrone at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 724-483-8077. You must be at least 16 years of age and hold a current Lifeguarding Certification to apply.