The Mon Valley YMCA is proud to host the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course.
Wednesday, April 15 at 7:45PM (prerequisite swim – 300 yard swim, treading 2 min without arms, retrieve a brick)
Saturday, April 25 from 8:00AM – 12:00PM
Sunday, April 26 from 11:30AM – 2:30PM
*Must attend all 3 dates
After completing the prerequisite swim you will receive a web address to complete the book work of the course. On the second meeting day you will do in water requirements. The third day of class will be land based.
After completing all three days of class you will receive an American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification as well as a First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
Cost: Members-$250 · Non-Member-$270
- Participants must be 15 years of age and a STRONG SWIMMER.
- Participants must be able to complete the 300 yard swim using the breaststroke and the front crawl as a prerequisite.
- Course covers all lifeguarding skills:
- Lifeguarding CPR/AED
- First Aid
- Oxygen Administration
- Disease Prevention
- Only lifeguarding skills will be taught in this course, not swimming strokes.
- Participant must be able to attend all classes.
If interested in applying for a lifeguarding position at the Y, please contact Aquatics Director, Amy Dunay at email@example.com or by calling 724-483-8077.
-First Aid, CPR/AED
-Must have proficient swimming skills
-1st day prerequisite swim- 300 yard front crawl or breaststroke.
-Must attend ALL dates- NO EXCEPTIONS.
Any questions please contact our Aquatics Director, Amy Dunay at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling