Lifeguard Certification Class
Saturday, March 4, 11, 18, 25
8:00am – 1:00pm
Sunday, March 12
11:30am – 4:30pm
The Mon Valley YMCA is proud to host the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course. Classes are run every year in March. Sign up in the business office.
- Participants must be 15 years of age and a STRONG SWIMMER.
- Participants must be able to complete the 300 yard swim using the breaststroke and the front crawl as a prerequisite.
- Course covers all lifeguarding skills:
- Lifeguarding CPR/AED
- First Aid
- Oxygen Administration
- Disease Prevention
- Text book is included.
- Only lifeguarding skills will be taught in this course, not swimming strokes.
- Participant must be able to attend all classes.
If interested in applying for a lifeguarding position at the Y, please contact Aquatics Director, Amy Dunay at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 724-483-8077.
$250 for YMCA members
$270 for non-members
-First Aid, CPR/AED
-Must have proficient swimming skills
-1st day prerequisite swim- 300 yard front crawl or breaststroke.
-Must attend ALL dates- NO EXCEPTIONS.
Any questions please contact our Aquatics Director, Amy Dunay at email@example.com or by calling