The Mon Valley YMCA is proud to host the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course.
Prerequisite swim – 300 yard swim, treading 2 min without arms, retrieve a brick. Please contact Aquatics Director Amy Dunay at email@example.com or 724.483.8077 to schedule this before the class date.
Saturday, October 17 from 8:00AM – 3:00PM
*Must attend entire class time and complete prerequisite swim.
Must register and contact Amy by October 10th.
After completing the prerequisite swim you will receive a web address to complete the book work of the course. On the meeting day you will do all water and land requirements.
After completing prerequisite swim and class you will receive an American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification as well as a First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
Cost: Members-$250 · Non-Member-$270
- Participants must be 15 years of age and a STRONG SWIMMER.
- Participants must be able to complete the 300 yard swim using the breaststroke and the front crawl as a prerequisite.
- Course covers all lifeguarding skills:
- First Aid
- Disease Prevention
- Only lifeguarding skills will be taught in this course, not swimming strokes.
- Participant must be able to attend entire class.
-First Aid, CPR/AED
-Must have proficient swimming skills
-1st day prerequisite swim- 300 yard front crawl or breaststroke.
-Must attend ALL dates- NO EXCEPTIONS.
Any questions please contact our Aquatics Director, Amy Dunay at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling
If interested in applying for a lifeguarding position at the Y, please contact Aquatics Director, Amy Dunay at email@example.com or by calling 724-483-8077. You must be at least 16 years of age and hold a current Lifeguarding Certification to apply.