Lifeguard Certification Class
Saturday, March 3, 10, 17, 24
8:00am – 1:00pm
Sunday, March 11
11:30am – 4:00pm
Prerequisite: Swim Test on February 27 from 6:30PM-7:30PM – Must pass to attend classes.
The Mon Valley YMCA is proud to host the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course. Classes are run every year in March. Sign up in the business office.
- Participants must be 15 years of age and a STRONG SWIMMER.
- Participants must be able to complete the 300 yard swim using the breaststroke and the front crawl as a prerequisite.
- Course covers all lifeguarding skills:
- Lifeguarding CPR/AED
- First Aid
- Oxygen Administration
- Disease Prevention
- Only lifeguarding skills will be taught in this course, not swimming strokes.
- Participant must be able to attend all classes.
If interested in applying for a lifeguarding position at the Y, please contact Aquatics Director, Amy Dunay at email@example.com or by calling 724-483-8077.
$250 for YMCA members
$270 for non-members
-First Aid, CPR/AED
-Must have proficient swimming skills
-1st day prerequisite swim- 300 yard front crawl or breaststroke.
-Must attend ALL dates- NO EXCEPTIONS.
Any questions please contact our Aquatics Director, Amy Dunay at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling