On June 29, 2020, the Mon Valley YMCA will continue its phased reopening of the facility with the opening of our indoor pool and will once again be offering spinning classes. This will be considered phase 3 for our YMCA. The guidelines for each area are listed below.
We will follow guidance from state and local government, CDC recommendations as well as our National YMCA. These new guidelines, as well as additional cleaning procedures, will help to ensure we are providing a safe environment for you to enjoy the Mon Valley YMCA.
- Indoor pool will be open for lap swimming, individual exercise and open swim for families
- Our locker rooms will be open for changing only. Showers are not available.
- A mask must be worn into the pool area and may only be taken off while in the pool.
- Pool hours will be Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. Saturday 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- We will not have water exercise classes at the time.
- There will be no swim lessons at this time.
- Based on the square footage of our pool area, we will be able to accommodate 30 swimmers at a time and approximately 20 on the deck.
- Please note that the hot tub will not be available at this time.
- The Indoor Pool Schedule is available on our Indoor Pool Page.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult in the facility at this time.
The spinning room has reduced its capacity to 8 bikes. Instructors will keep classes at no more than 70 percent of your maximum heart rate as so not to have over exertion and deep breathing.
- Masks should be worn into the spin room and may only be taken off during exercise.
- Please check an updated group fitness schedule for spin class times.
Spin Classes will begin on June 29. Click HERE to download the July Group Fitness Schedule.