We will begin reopening The Mon Valley YMCA in phases and will gradually get back to our new normal.
Our facilities will adhere to these guidelines.
We want to keep our members safe and protected while they use our facilities, so we are following strict guidelines from the CDC and state authorities
- Hour of operation will be M-F 6:30 am -8:00 pm and Saturday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Members must maintain minimum of 6 feet distance AT ALL TIMES.
- All staff and members will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility. Temperature must be below 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit to enter
- Staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE)
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through one entrance (Main entrance which is the top parking lot)
- Masks are required by members in common areas of the YMCA. They are suggested, but not required, to be worn while you are working out
- Wellness Center and ETA Room will open
- Time will be limited on all cardio equipment
- The Wellness Center will be divided into 6 zones with a maximum of 5 people in each zone.
- The free weight area of the Wellness Center will have a maximum of 15 people at a time.
- The ETA room will have a maximum of 4 people at a time.
- Only every other cardio equipment will be used
- A limited group exercise schedule will take place in the gymnasium.
- No pool
- No basketball
- No pickleball
- No Spinning
- No babysitting
- No use of saunas or steam rooms, as a minimum safe distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained nor can this area be properly sanitized.
- Locker rooms will be open, but showers will not be available.
- No towel services.
- Coffee will not be available.
- No guests will be permitted nor will Nationwide Memberships. Facility use will only be for members during YMCA Phase 2.
- Members will be given a bottle and towel for use upon entering the facility
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Members must wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- A hand washing station has been installed in the Wellness Center
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, handwashing and remind members to disinfect equipment.
We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines.