Join the Y the week of October 5 in the fight against breast cancer!
During this week long event, we will have different events supporting breast cancer awareness and opportunities for you to donate throughout the month of October.
All proceeds collected will benefit the MVH Lois Orange Ducoeur Breast Cancer Walk.
Monday, October 5
- Women’s Health Fair – Held in the Meeting Room from 3:00 – 7:00pm.
Cornerstone Care’s Mobile Medical Unit funded by Susan G. Komen Pittsburgh will be giving free Clinical Breast Exams · MVH Bone density screenings · The Salon & Spa by Chaney’s Natural chair massages and limited nail service · The Counseling House Relaxation Station and SPHS CARE Center STTARS Program (Sexual Trauma Treatment and Recover Services) · Blood Pressure Screenings · light refreshments and door prizes!
- Sweat for a Cure – Participants are encouraged to make a donation of their choice in order to attend our fitness classes during the day.
- Party in Pink – An hour and half long Zumba class in support of breast cancer. $10 per person. Participants encouraged to wear pink. 6:30 – 8:00pm in the Activity Hall – Registration is required. Sign up in the Business Office.
During the month of October:
- Purchase a tee shirt for $10 in the Business Office.
- Pink Out Week, Oct 5 – 10th – Everyone is encouraged to wear pink every day.
- Purchase a ribbon at the front desk.
- Walk with the Y at the MVH Lois Orange Ducoeur Breast Cancer Walk Saturday, Oct 10 at 10am.