Reopening on Tuesday, January 5th, 2021
The Mon Valley YMCA will be reopening our facility on Tuesday, January 5th, 2021. We will reopen with the same procedures that were in place before this most recent closure.
Our facility hours will be:
COVID-19 Hours Of Operation
Monday-Friday: 6:30AM – 8:00PM
Saturday: 7:00AM – 5:00PM
Business Office COVID-19 Hours Of Operation
Monday – Thursday: 9:00AM – 6:00PM
Friday: 10:00AM – 3:00PM
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
We will continue to operate at 50% capacity to allow for proper social distancing. MASKS MUST BE WORN COVERING THE MOUTH AND NOSE AT ALL TIMES. The only exception is when you are in the pool swimming. You must wear it to the pool deck and put it back on when leaving the pool deck. The areas that will open will be:
· The Wellness Center
· The ETA Room
· The Gymnasium with a limited fitness class schedule as well as limited time walking.
· Indoor Pool, Locker Rooms, Hot Tub and Shower Areas.
· Childcare and Preschool Department
Mondays – 11:45A.M. to 3:00P.M.
Thursdays – 1:00P.M. to 4:00P.M.
Saturdays – 9:30A.M. to 12:30P.M.
Members only at this time.
We will follow guidance from state and local government, CDC recommendations as well as our National YMCA.
· We will be operating with only 1 entrance which will be our main entrance. Our Wellness Center parking lot and entrance will be closed.
· Members will have their temperature taken upon entering. If your temperature is above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, you cannot enter the YMCA. Further, you will be asked a brief health screening. This process will be done each time you enter the YMCA. If you answer “yes” to any of the screening questions or if your temperature is above 100.4 degrees, you will not be permitted access to the YMCA for 14 days. An automatic hold will be placed on your account if you are denied.
The questions are:
- Has anyone in your household had a temperature of 100.4 or higher in the last 72 hours?
- Has anyone in your household been symptomatic in the last 72 hours:
*Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Chills/Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, Loss of taste or smell, Diarrhea, or Feeling feverish?
- In the last 14 days, has anyone in your household been exposed to anyone who is known to have COVID-19 or who is on quarantine awaiting the return of a COVID-19 test result?
· If you don’t feel well, please stay home.
· You must check in and out of the YMCA, so we have a real time record of how many people are in the YMCA. We must adhere to strict limits of 50% of our capacity.
· Masks are required covering the mouth and nose at all times in the facility. The only exception is when you are in the pool swimming. You must wear it to the pool deck and put it back on when leaving the pool deck.
· Members and staff must always maintain a 6-foot distance from each other.
· Upon entering, members will be given their own bottle of disinfectant and a clean towel. Members are to disinfect equipment both before and after use. Bottles and towels will be returned upon exiting the building where they will also be disinfected
· Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted in the facility for recreation at this time. Children will be permitted to be enrolled and participate in our childcare and summer camp programs providing space is available.
· YMCA staff will be cleaning all high touch areas of the YMCA on an ongoing basis throughout the day.
The rules we are reopening with are in place for safety and we fully expect all our members cooperation. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in you being asked to leave our facility.
Fitness Classes – Classes will start back beginning Tuesday, January 5th, 2021. View the January Schedule by clicking here.
Virtual Workouts – Virtual workouts will continue to be offered for those that wish to participate from home. View them at by visiting our YouTube Channel.
Water Exercise Classes – Classes will start back beginning Monday, January 11th, 2021. View the January Schedule by clicking here.
We are excited to welcome you back and look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, January 5th, 2021!
The Mon Valley YMCA