PHASE 4 REOPENING
The Mon Valley YMCA continues to welcome you back!
On October 5th, 2020, the Mon Valley YMCA will continue its phased reopening of the facility with the opening of limited showers, the hot tub, Swim Start Swim Lessons, Pickleball & the Classic Fitness Class. This will be considered phase 4 for our YMCA. The guidelines for each area are listed below.
We will follow guidance from state and local government, CDC recommendations as well as our National YMCA.These new guidelines, as well as additional cleaning procedures, will help to ensure we are providing a safe environment for you to enjoy the Mon Valley YMCA.
- Limited showers will be available to allow for social distancing to still be in place.
- Our locker rooms will be open.
- A mask must be worn into the pool area and may only be taken off while in the pool.
- Pool hours will be Monday – Friday 6:30am until 7:30pm and Saturday 7:00am until 4:30pm. Check the pool schedule for open swim times.
- Select Water Exercise Class are available to members only. Check the pool schedule for class times.
- We will be offering our Swim Starters Class on Saturday Mornings starting October 10th from 10:45A.M. to 11:15A.M. for 6 weeks. This class has 10 spots and introduces infants and toddlers to the aquatic environment through songs and games. Child must have a parent/guardian in the pool with them at all times.
- Based on the square footage of our pool area, we will be able to accommodate 30 swimmers at a time and approximately 20 on the deck.
- Hot Tub – The hot tub will be available starting October 5th for one member at a time. We ask that members be courteous of other members. The hot tub will not be available during scheduled Swim Team.
- Mondays – 11:45A.M. to 3:00P.M.
- Thursdays – 1:00P.M. to 4:00P.M.
- Saturdays – 9:30A.M. to 12:30P.M.
- Members only at this time.
- Masks must be worn and social distancing when not playing.
- Must take disinfectant bottle and rag.
Silver Sneakers Classic Class
- Tuesdays & Thursdays at 11:30A.M.
- Focuses on strengthening muscles and increasing range of movement for daily life activities.
- Participants can use hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a Silver Sneakers ball.
- A chair is used for seated exercises or standing support.
We’re excited to welcome you back!