FACILITY REOPENING PLAN – Announced on 6/3/2020
Phase 2 Reopening of the Mon Valley YMCA
The Mon Valley YMCA is continuing to reopen our facility during the Green Phase of Gov. Wolf’s Pennsylvania reopening plan. Under the Yellow Phase of the Commonwealth’s plan, The Y opened our childcare programs on May 20, 2020. We considered this our phase 1.
With our area going to the Green Phase of the Commonwealth’s plan on June 5th, we are looking to reopen additional areas of our facility on June 10, 2020. This reopening will be considered phase 2 for our YMCA. The areas that will open will be limited at first and will included:
- The Wellness Center
- The ETA Room
- The Gymnasium for limited fitness class schedule as well as limited time walking
This phase 2 reopening will open with reduced hours of Monday-Friday 6:30 am – 8:00 pm, Saturday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm.
We have reduced capacity and hours of operations so that we can fully comply with CDC recommendations and the Commonwealth Green Phase recommendations.
We will follow guidance from state and local government, CDC recommendations as well as our National YMCA. These new guidelines, as well as additional cleaning procedures, will help to ensure we are providing a safe environment for you to enjoy the Mon Valley YMCA. A full list of guidance is on the guidelines and overview sheet, but a few of the changes you can expect are:
- We will be operating with only 1 entrance which will be our main entrance. Our Wellness Center parking lot and entrance will be closed.
- Members will have their temperature taken upon entering. If your temperature is above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, you cannot enter the YMCA. Further, you will be asked a brief health screening. This process will be done each time you enter the YMCA. If you answer “yes” to any of the screening questions or if your temperature is above 100.4 degrees, you will not be permitted access to the YMCA for 14 days. An automatic hold will be placed on your account if you are denied.
The questions are:
- Has anyone in your household had a temperature of 100.4 or higher in the last 72 hours?
- Has anyone in your household been symptomatic in the last 72 hours:
Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Chills/Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, Loss of taste or smell, Diarrhea, or Feeling feverish?
- In the last 14 days, has anyone in your household been exposed to anyone who is known to have COVID-19 or who is on quarantine awaiting the return of a COVID-19 test result?
- If you don’t feel well, please stay home.
- You must check in and out of the YMCA, so we have a real time record of how many people are in the YMCA. We must adhere to strict limits of 50% of our capacity. At this time, we will not have a reservation system, but the possibility may exist that that if we are at capacity, there may be a wait to get into the facility.
- Masks are required by members in common areas of the YMCA. They are suggested, but not required to be worn, while you are working out.
- Members and staff must always maintain a 6-foot distance from each other.
- Upon entering, members will be given their own bottle of disinfectant and a clean towel. Members are to disinfect equipment both before and after use. Bottles and towels will be returned upon exiting the building where they will also be disinfected
- Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted in the facility for recreation at this time. The areas we are opening in phase 2 have always had age restrictions of 13 and older. Children will be permitted to be enrolled and participate in our childcare and summer camp programs providing space is available.
- YMCA staff will be cleaning all high touch areas of the YMCA on an ongoing basis throughout the day.
The rules we are reopening with are in place for safety and we fully expect all of our members cooperation. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in you being asked to leave our facility.
This is the next step in fully reopening the Mon Valley YMCA. There are many areas of our facility as well as many programs and services we will not be opening under this phase 2 of our reopening. Our plan is to at some point fully open our facility in upcoming phases. At this time, we want to safely open and comply with all guidelines of the Commonwealth. Our showers, steam and sauna areas, spinning, pickleball, basketball, racquetball, babysitting and pool are not being opened yet as we will not be able to properly ventilate and properly disinfect these areas nor will we be able to create an environment of social distancing. As the Governor’s restrictions are lifted and we find it safe to do so, we will be opening these areas in our next phases as well as further expanding our hours of operation and other offerings.
Lastly, we will not be drafting bank accounts for the month of June 2020 on existing memberships. We did not draft bank accounts for the months of April 2020 and May 2020 while we were closed. For those members who have paid in advance for the year, you will be credited the months of April 2020 and May 2020, as well as the month of June 2020. With this reopening, we want to thank all existing members who return by not charging while we work through this reopening plan!
We are excited to welcome you back and look forward to seeing you!
Jeffrey T. Vitale
Chief Executive Officer