SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR
Dino-Mite: Stomp, Chomp, and Read!
Held in the Learning Journeys Classroom.
- Thursday, February 7
2:30p.m. – 6:30p.m.
- Friday, February 8
9:00a.m. – 6:30p.m.
- Saturday, February 9
10:00a.m. – 4:00p.m.
- Sunday, February 10
11:30a.m. – 2:00p.m.
On Saturday, February 9 there will be a family open house! The event will run from
11:30am – 1:30pm in the Activity Hall. Children of all ages are welcome. There will be face painting, temporary tattoos, arts and crafts, digging for fossils,
balloon animals, dino-dancing, snacks and so much more!Open to the public!
Our Child Learning Center is a Keystone Stars Accredited Center and licensed by the Department of Education. The goal of our programs is to provide a safe and nurturing environment that encourages children to become active in their learning process through:
- hands-on materials
Each program successively transitions children through developmentally appropriate activities.
Family members develop relationships while small children form their first friendships.
Children interact by:
- playing with toys
- participating in games
- engaging in gross motor activities
- Children ages newborn-2 ½ years old
- Thursdays: 9:30-11:00 a.m.
Children begin to adjust to the learning environment without a caregiver present in the classroom.
Students interact by:
- following simple directions
- daily routines
- participating in circle time and story time
- completing crafts
- introduced to early conflict resolution skills
- having snack
- Children must be 2 ½ years old by August 31 or January 1.
- Also suitable for children who are 3 and not ready for the formal preschool class setting.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:30-11:00 & 12:00-1:30
For a detailed description of Learning Journeys, click HERE.
Children are introduced to letters, numbers, shapes, colors, and basic concepts. Students will learn by:
- Singing songs and finger plays
- Making letter crafts
- Working with manipulatives
- Engaging in learning centers
- Children must be 3 years old by August 31.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 9:30-11:30 a.m. or 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Monday and Wednesday: 12:30-2:30 p.m.
Children will be fully engaged in letters, numbers, phonemic awareness, vocabulary development, and listening skills. Your child will learn to count to 31, recognize, and write numbers 1-31, as well as, learn to recite personal information (first/last name, address, phone number, and birth date.) Students will learn by:
- Joining in circle time and hands-on centers
- Participating in whole group and small group activities
- Completing kindergarten readiness worksheets and crafts
- Attending to Ms. Linda, our speech pathologist for phonological and phonemic awareness skills
- Children must be 4 years old by August 31.
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 9:30-12:00 p.m. or 12:30-3:00 p.m
PA Pre-K Counts is a free, full day preschool program that gives children the chance to learn, become excited about school and be better students.
PA Pre-K Counts prepares children for reading, math, paying attention, following directions and getting along with others.
Mon Valley YMCA’s program runs Monday through Friday, 9:00AM – 3:00PM.
Who is eligible for Pre-K Counts?
- PA Pre-K Counts is designed for children who are 3 or 4 years of age.
- Live in families earning up to 300% of the federal poverty level (or a family of four earning $73,800 per year.)
- Students must be accepted into the program after filling out an enrollment form through Blueprints.