2023-2024 Preschool Registrations
Preschool Registration is open for the 2023-2024 year!
Programs Available Based on Child’s Age:
3 Day Pre-Kindergarten Readiness (M/W/F)
(4 years old by August 31)
2 day Preschool (T/TH)
(3 years old by August 31)
Learning Journeys (T/TH)
September 2022 start date
(2 ½ years old by August 31)
January 2023 start date
(2 ½ years old by January 1)
Our Child Learning Center is a Keystone Stars Accredited Center and licensed by the Department of Education.
The goal of our programs is to provide a safe and nurturing environment that encourages children to become active in their learning process through:
- hands-on materials
Each program successively transitions children through developmentally appropriate activities.
Children begin to adjust to the learning environment without a caregiver present in the classroom.
Students interact by:
- following simple directions
- daily routines
- participating in circle time and story time
- completing crafts
- introduced to early conflict resolution skills
- having snack
- Children must be 2 ½ years old by August 31 or January 1.
- Also suitable for children who are 3 and not ready for the formal preschool class setting.
For a detailed description of Learning Journeys, click HERE.
Children are introduced to letters, numbers, shapes, colors, and basic concepts. Students will learn by:
- Singing songs and finger plays
- Making letter crafts
- Working with manipulatives
- Engaging in learning centers
- Children must be 3 years old by August 31.
- Tuesday and Thursday: AM & PM Classes.
Children will be fully engaged in letters, numbers, phonemic awareness, vocabulary development, and listening skills. Your child will learn to count to 31, recognize, and write numbers 1-31, as well as, learn to recite personal information (first/last name, address, phone number, and birth date.) Students will learn by:
- Joining in circle time and hands-on centers
- Participating in whole group and small group activities
- Completing kindergarten readiness worksheets and crafts
- Teachers will implement Ms. Linda’s lessons, who is a speech pathologist for phonological and phonemic awareness skills
- Children must be 4 years old by August 31.
PA Pre-K Counts is a free, high quality preschool education to Pennsylvania youth ages 3 and 4, who quality. It gives children the chance to learn, become excited about school and be better students
PA Pre-K Counts helps children as well as their families to prepare for Kindergarten.
PA Pre-K Counts helps children learn through discovery and hands-on activities that incorporate all subject areas. (Early Literacy, Math, Science, Fine/Gross Motor Skills, etc.)
Encourages positive social interaction and problem solving skills.
Mon Valley YMCA’s program runs Monday, Tuesday & Thursday, 8:30AM – 11:00AM. or 12:00P.M. to 2:30P.M.
Who is eligible for Pre-K Counts?
- PA Pre-K Counts is designed for children who are 3 or 4 years of age.
- Live in families earning up to 300% of the federal poverty level (or a family of four earning $73,800 per year.)
- Students must be accepted into the program after filling out an enrollment form through Blueprints. To sign up for PA Pre-K Counts, please call Blueprints at 724.225.9550