Preschool Tuition Reimbursement Scholarships
The Washington County Community Foundation has announced the preschool tuition reimbursement scholarships that parents had applied for in February will be available by the end of May. No information has been given as to the amount or who has been the recipient of the scholarship. The scholarships only apply to those parents who completed and submitted the application on-line to the Washington County Community Foundation website back in February. Once the YMCA becomes operational, we will notify those receiving the scholarships.
Programs Available Based on Child’s Age:
3 Day Pre-Kindergarten Readiness (M/W/F)
(4 years old by August 31, 2020)
2 day Preschool (T/TH)
(3 years old by August 31, 2020)
Learning Journeys (T/TH)
September 2020 start date
(2 ½ years old by August 31, 2020)
January 2021 start date
(2 ½ years old by January 1, 2021)
Our Child Learning Center is a Keystone Stars Accredited Center and licensed by the Department of Education.
The goal of our programs is to provide a safe and nurturing environment that encourages children to become active in their learning process through:
- hands-on materials
Each program successively transitions children through developmentally appropriate activities.
Family members develop relationships while small children form their first friendships.
Children interact by:
- playing with toys
- participating in games
- engaging in gross motor activities
- Children ages newborn-2 ½ years old
- Thursdays: 9:30-11:00 a.m.
Children begin to adjust to the learning environment without a caregiver present in the classroom.
Students interact by:
- following simple directions
- daily routines
- participating in circle time and story time
- completing crafts
- introduced to early conflict resolution skills
- having snack
- Children must be 2 ½ years old by August 31 or January 1.
- Also suitable for children who are 3 and not ready for the formal preschool class setting.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:30-11:00 & 12:00-1:30
For a detailed description of Learning Journeys, click HERE.
Children are introduced to letters, numbers, shapes, colors, and basic concepts. Students will learn by:
- Singing songs and finger plays
- Making letter crafts
- Working with manipulatives
- Engaging in learning centers
- Children must be 3 years old by August 31.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 9:30-11:30 a.m. or 12:30-2:30 p.m.
Children will be fully engaged in letters, numbers, phonemic awareness, vocabulary development, and listening skills. Your child will learn to count to 31, recognize, and write numbers 1-31, as well as, learn to recite personal information (first/last name, address, phone number, and birth date.) Students will learn by:
- Joining in circle time and hands-on centers
- Participating in whole group and small group activities
- Completing kindergarten readiness worksheets and crafts
- Attending to Ms. Linda, our speech pathologist for phonological and phonemic awareness skills
- Children must be 4 years old by August 31.
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 9:30-12:00 p.m. or 12:30-3:00 p.m
PA Pre-K Counts is a free, full day preschool program that gives children the chance to learn, become excited about school and be better students.
PA Pre-K Counts prepares children for reading, math, paying attention, following directions and getting along with others.
Mon Valley YMCA’s program runs Monday through Friday, 9:00AM – 3:00PM.
Who is eligible for Pre-K Counts?
- PA Pre-K Counts is designed for children who are 3 or 4 years of age.
- Live in families earning up to 300% of the federal poverty level (or a family of four earning $73,800 per year.)
- Students must be accepted into the program after filling out an enrollment form through Blueprints.